Five ways That Being a Home Business Mentor Will Help Your Business
Do you remember the "good old days" when you started your business? You may have searched for a home business mentor to support, teach and inspire you. If you were lucky enough to find such a person, they guided you, helped you to learn business skills, and told you about mistakes they had made, to help shorten your learning curve. A good home business mentor can give you advice on how you can improve your business.
Once you have some experience under your belt, you can "pay it forward" and grow your business at the same time by acting as a home business mentor to someone else. There are many benefits to mentoring people, here are just five of them.
- If you've been in business a while, it might seem that there's "nothing new under the sun". By working with someone who is new to the home business world, you will gain a fresh perspective. Do you remember the excitement you felt when you first started your business? A new person will have that passion and excitement, and it will help re-energize you!
- Working with someone can help you learn new skills. The person you are mentoring may have questions about areas of business you are not familiar with. As you help them research and understand the topic, you will gain a new understanding of it. For example, if the person you are mentoring has internet or computer skills that you don't have, they may help you learn in exchange for the help you are offering as a home business mentor.
- Being a home business mentor will help you sharpen the skills you already have. For example, the person you are mentoring asks you how you manage to get everything done, you share with them the time management skills you have learned. We always teach best what we need to learn ourselves, so you will most likely attract people who will need to learn exactly the skills you have to teach! As you help your "mentee" with time management and organization, you will become a better organizer and planner yourself.
- As a home business mentor, you will have access to valuable feedback and input from those you are mentoring. If you are teaching them to do business in the ways that you do things, ask them if they feel if anything can be improved upon. They may have ideas on how to streamline activities, increase productivity or test out some new marketing ideas.
- As you mentor someone, you will notice the changes and progress they are making. This will remind you of how far you have come in your own home business. This will help you to feel more confident and ready to take on new directions in your business. The more you challenge yourself, the more you AND your business will grow.
In addition to these benefits, being a home business mentor makes you feel good! To know that you have made a difference in someones life and business at one of the crucial times in their development is heartwarming and inspiring. Goodwill goes a long way to building lasting The positive actions you put out into the world will come back to you in greater blessing for your life and your business!